Tuesday, April 12, 2011

An Abysmal Finish

Wow, what an end to the college basketball season.  That title game was atrocious wasn't it?  I guess congratulations to UConn for beating a team in Butler that didn't even shoot 20% for the game.  That is supposed to be our national champion?  They barely got to 50 points and they are supposed to be considered the best team this year.  What a farce.  Both women's teams in the title game the next night scored over 70 points.  This is the nature of college basketball now.  It is just a diluted product with all of the one-and-done players heading for the NBA.  It isn't any team or coach's fault, there aren't many great players around the country since they all leave so early.  It doesn't make me like the sport any less, I just accept that be basketball isn't going to be as good.  It is still way more exciting than the pro game though because they players are all playing for pride instead of paychecks.  Don't get me wrong, I still will root my ass off for Syracuse, but if I want to see great basketball, I will tune into the NBA, where the playoffs will be starting in about a week.

No comments:

Post a Comment