Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Georgetown and stuff

Just a quick look at the Georgetown game as I'm sure you are all getting tired of this game coverage.  Another big win on the road moving the 'Cuse up the Big East rankings and on the way to getting two byes in the Big East Tournament.  Scoop Jardine must secretly read this awesome blog because he has played much better since I called him out.  He poured in 17 big points to go along with seven assists and hit some big shots down the stretch to keep the lead.  Go Scoop.  We have on game left this Saturday at home against Big East bottom feeder DePaul.  Hopefully the team won't be looking ahead to the Big East Tourney and will make this an easy win.  There is something else I wanted to talk about in this post though.  I consider myself a pretty big fan of the team.  Perhaps not as much as these guys, but hey, not everyone can be.  However, I have noticed that I have this strange superstition that I don't like to wear Syracuse gear the day before or the day of games.  I know that kind of goes against all sports fan logic, but I feel like every time I wear a 'Cuse shirt on the day of a game, the team loses.  Don't get me wrong, if I had a Rony Seikaly jersey, and possibly even the short shorts, I would rock them without conviction.  Speaking of which, have you seen Seikaly's ex-wife?  Damn.  By the way, this  is Rony Seikaly.  He must have done something right, but apparently not right enough since she ended up with half of his money.  But anyway, my point is I feel like I'm weird because I don't wear the gear until after the team wins.  Is that frontruning?  I still support the team in losses, I just try not to jinx games by repping the 'Cuse before or during games.  I don't know, maybe I'm just weird.

4 comments:

  1. I don't know if you know, but Scoop registered 0 turnovers in that game. I bet HE IS reading this post and seeing what a genius you are for the tough love you're giving him. Good luck in the Big East tourney, I think Notre Dame is going to win it. They're really coming on strong in the second half of the season.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need to talk to Seikaly to see how he managed to get with a 10 while he's sitting at a low 2. He either has a great personality or he's the greatest lover in the world.

    -Chris G.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I never wear any Jets paraphernalia on Sundays for the same the reason, unless I'm at the game.

    Does Seikaly's wife have impaired vision? Does she also not own a mirror?

    Cuse should roll into MSG, but the Big East is so tough, it's anyone's game. GO SJU!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The only time I ever wear team apparel on game day is when is the Yankees are playing. Occasionally I'll wear my G-mac jersey or my Marathon Men t-shirt to support SU on game day, but it's very rare.

    ReplyDelete