Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Let's Stop the Skid

I know I am starting this blog in the middle of the season, but this is when I was moved to start blogging.  I have resisted temptation for a while, but I can't anymore.  Besides, the internet needs another person giving their opinion on something they (probably) know less about than they think. 

I guess I should start with a little about me, your tour guide through this jungle that is my thoughts. My name is Justin Neuman and I am a senior at Oswego State University and I am working on my journalism degree.  I grew up in the suburbs of Syracuse, and, naturally, have been a Syracuse fan for as long as I can remember.  I try to watch every game, but with work and school and stuff I can't see them all.  I'm sure you'll get to know me more through my writing, so I won't waste time giving a full biography here.

As you probably know if you are reading this blog, Syracuse is currently on a four game losing streak and face Connecticut in Storrs on Wednesday.  Syracuse needs this game badly if they want to stay out of the conversation of tournament bubble teams.  Even though they started out 18-0, they don't really have a signature win on their resume, unless you count Michigan State, who has been sliding all season and now has eight losses and is 5-4 in a fairly weak Big Ten.  Either way, the 'Cuse still needs this one against one of their biggest rivals.  I personally feel Connecticut is overrated.  Yes, they have Kemba Walker who is a great scorer, but outside of him their next leading scorer only posts about 11 a game.  I'm sure Coach Boeheim will make sure his squad knows where Walker is at all times.  The 2-3 zone needs some shoring up in the middle and needs to hope, as always, that the other team's shooters don't light it up from the outside.  Connecticut is fairly weak on the front line so hopefully Rick Jackson and Baye Keita will control the paint and Syracuse can get a much-needed win in the Big East.

No comments:

Post a Comment